The Comprehensive Guidebook and Video Tutorials to plan, install, and maximize the results of your very own electric car conversion kit!
Imagine the feeling of driving right by the gas station, because you charged up for pennies at home!
Your Guide to Electric Car Conversion Kit Success!
This book was written by a regular person, without automotive or electrical skills, who learned everything there is to know about building and installing an electric car conversion kit. This takes out all of the guess and test and makes it easy for any regular person to bring their electric car conversion kit to reality!
The included step by step guides, comprehensive easy to understand descriptions, detailed pictures and diagrams, and clear video tutorials will give you the leap forward you’re looking for!
Jump beyond the guess and test – take advantage of what is already known!
Strangely, most electric car converters totally skip the planning stage, which is most important in guiding what is possible, where you want to go, and how exactly to get there. The good news is that planning is not only quick and easy with this guide, it makes it fun!
Break your addiction to oil with a guide that is less than a tank of gas!
- How to get the maximum range – calculating range requirements, charging times, ideal speeds, vehicle voltage, the effect of hills, and more
- What type of batteries to use – where to fit them, find them, and install them
- The ideal vehicles to convert – considering it from all of the vital angles
- What type of skills are required for this – see how non-mechanics can do this!
- Safe installation, startup, and operation procedures
- How can I make this as affordable as possible – cost cutting vs performance, new and used sources of parts, spending where it counts, saving everywhere else
- How to insure your electric vehicle, regulations, and related considerations
- Do not have automotive knowledge or experience.
- Think this could be long, difficult project.
- Have never done a conversion before.
- Don’t have typical “DIY skills”.
- Fear you might get it all wrong.
Your Electric Car Conversion Kit: Step By Step!
- Get a Federal Income tax credit of up to $4000? (for US Citizens)
- How to resell the old parts from your vehicle – where to find buyers and make a profit!
- Consider in-between voltage such as a 72 or a 120 volt system, based on your needs
- Best parts to source locally and ways to save on shipping for parts
- How to find the best bargains on the internet or in your local wreckers yard
- Save up to 80% on instruments such as voltmeters and ammeters
- Save $150 by using computer power supplies instead of DC to DC Converters with a complete guide to make to work perfectly.
- More tips, like welding battery racks, crimping cables, fabricating motor mounts, reducing the vehicle’s weight, range enhancing driving techniques, and more!
4. Selecting the Car to Convert
- Simple strategies and proven tips to help you choose an ideal car to convert, which is referred to as the donor car. Which type of vehicles are best for your needs?
- Aerodynamic considerations – You can improve your range by up to 30%
- Vehicle Selection Checklist – what to look for, what to avoid. Crucial information!
- How to buy seized cars for up to 95% off the regular price of a vehicle.
1. The Main Components Of An Electric Car Conversion Kit
This section provides all of the information on the key components, including their purpose, how they connect, and where they are installed. This makes for a great primer before getting started on your project.
- Electric Motor
- Gearbox Adapter Plate
- Potentiometer Box
- Main Cable
- Circuit Breaker
- EV Fuse
- Vacuum Pump
- DC to DC Converter
- Volt Meter & Amp Meter
- Inertia Switch
- KSI Relay
- Vacuum Pump
- Vacuum Switch
2. Parts Options & Shopping Checklists
- New Options: Where to find the best quality and best prices – online as well as locally! Also find recommendations for complete Electric Conversion Kit technology packages, which includes everything you need to convert!
- Second Hand Options: Save hundreds to thousands of dollars by locating parts from used sources. Find out precisely where you can find them all in specific forums, websites, and marketplaces.
3. Selecting The Batteries
- Choosing Your Batteries: How to make sure you choose the right batteries.
- Battery Types: Examine the pro and cons of each type of battery choice. From the typical Flooded Lead Acid batteries, to Sealed Lead Acid (SLA), and Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Batteries, understand in simple language which choices are best and why.
- Uncommon Battery Types: Examine Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd), Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH), and the newly popularized – Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries.
- Battery Savings: Solutions to save on batteries, and battery rejuvenation techniques.
- Creative Financing: Ways to raise money or find parts for your project, including from your junk yard, local websites and newspapers, and even local sponsorship opportunities.
- Sizing: Which battery sizes and voltages make the most sense for you, with a way to calculate what will work best for your particular driving and performance preferences.
4. Selecting The Controller
- With so many options, choose the best brands and quality for the best price!
- Fitting the controller type to your particular vehicle
- Knowing which controllers have the least rate of failure
- Finding used controllers and making sure they are still reliable and strong
- Evaluating major controller and components sellers
- Ventilation and moisture-resistance requirements, and following this carefully.
- The 2 most important things to consider when positioning your controller, to extend performance and enhance lifespan.
- Installation strategy, including safety concerns, placement, and repair options.
- DC or AC motors – What are the big differences, and the costs verses the benefits? The most common types available, benefits of certain types for your electric car conversion kit.
- Low Priced Electric Motors – Where to find them, how to wade through the options. Know the 4 essential things to look when you are purchasing
- Motor Types: Choosing a shunt wound, series wound, or compound wound motor
- Used Motors: How to find used motors that are hidden gems, or which are junk.
- Forklift Motors: Yes you can repurpose these powerful motors! Run the right types over voltage, and how to choose the best size, weight, and proper condition.
- Learn from experience on how to make this process simple, forward thinking, and efficient.
- How to dismantle and remove parts, and how to ensure that parts go back in easily.
- Complete the dismantling in just a couple of hours – instead of a couple of weeks
- Tools needed to dismantle your donor car – which are helpful, which are essential.
- Make sure the dismantling process doesn’t turn into a chaos.
- Draining fluids including oil and coolant, how to do it mess free and safely.
- How to safely and easily remove the Gas Tank, and what to do with remaining fuel.
- Detailed Diagrams to make sure all wiring is correctly disconnected for reconnection.
- Installing the motor onto the gearbox is often the most challenging part – get it right the first time with these clear explanations.
- Creating a perfect fit, as even just 1 millimeter of imbalance will create noticeable vibration and could in time break your coupler.
- Motor mounts – ideal design, number, and placement, plus bolting vs. welding.
- How to make your own Gearbox Coupler (a big money saver!)
- How to remove the Gearbox – quick and painless
- Make the joiner of the Gearbox yourself! Explore several ways to do it, the wonderful LoveJoy method, and saving $1,000’s in costs.
- Separating the Engine From the Gearbox – tips to make it simple, plus what to do if the vehicle is front wheel drive.
- How to change the direction and timing of most motors
- Fitting your Batteries – with these ingenious measuring and planning techniques
- Weight, handling, and legal limitations
- Battery Racks which are inexpensive and reliable
- Safety Tips to secure batteries properly for all situations
- Choosing the best welding cable as your main battery cable – as one too small chokes performance and increases risk of overheating or fire.
- How to modify your car’s existing heater core to provide instant electric heat
- How to create a 110 V in-dash heater without paying for a kit.
- Enjoy detailed wiring schematics to make it safe and carefree!
- Plan for your electric car conversion kit to be a success.
- Tidy installations, so that curious onlookers can see a neat view under your hood.
- How to connect the Potbox the right way, which is often overlooked
- Using fuses and a circuit breaker to prevent short-circuits from destroying your batteries, including the best placement and which amperage.
- Circuit Breaker Installation – following legal requirements and using a pull-cable.
- Inertia Switch Connection & Installation – including how to find $80 parts for free!
- Build Your Own DC To DC Converter – with complete schematics, and how to turn an existing computer power supply into a usable converter, saving another $100.
- How to keep the brake system working reliably by installing a Vacuum Pump
- How to install Power Steering in order to keep your electric car perfectly legal (in every country or state)
- 3 Ways to keep your Air Conditioning working in your electric car
- Federal laws & safety regulations
- Crash safety standards & how to build your car to abide by these
- Tax rebates & deductions – how to claim them in your area
- Carpool lanes, parking perks, free charging – do they apply to you?
- Road tax and congestion charge exemption
- Pass all of the inspection tests
- Monitor the water level in your batteries
- Correct potential battery, cabling & cooling issues
Bonus 1: Maximize Value and Opportunities
- Start your own business installing or selling an electric car conversion kit.
- Comprehensive information on Electric Car Tax Credits and Rebates – worth up to $4,000!
- How to Recharge your car with zero cost or pollution using Solar Panels!
- How to Reduce up to 80% on home energy costs, including the most optimum strategies for cost effective vehicle charging.
- Maintaining your electric car to extend the lifespan.
- Maximize battery life and safety through easy ventilation strategies.
- Driving strategies to enhance performance and maximize value.
- 8 simple tricks to improve your electric car range by up to 30%
Bonus 2: Answers to the 50 most Frequently Asked Questions
- Are electric vehicles reliable?
- Are electric vehicles cheaper to run?
- How fast can a vehicle with an electric car conversion kit go?
- Are electric vehicles cleaner to run?
- Can I buy a factory made EV today?
- Will cold weather affect the battery performance?
- Do I really have the skills to convert a car to electricity?
- Do I need special tools to build an EV?
- Can I convert a car without a garage?
- How long does a conversion take?
- What happens if I run out of electricity in the middle of nowhere?
- Why not use AC parts instead of DC?
- How long before an EV pays itself off?
- Is it possible to build an EV for $200?
- How long will the batteries last?
- How far can an EV go?
- Can I install a generator in the back to extend my range?
- What about the legalities of using an electric car conversion kit?
- Is an electric vehicle safe?
- Will my EV be outdated and obsolete once it’s finished?
- What if I get in too deep and can’t finish converting it?
- How do I know when my batteries are flat?
- Why aren’t there more electric cars on the road?
- What sized battery pack should I get?
- Why do lithium batteries cost so much?
- How do I make my RPM gauge work on an electric motor?
- What controllers offer regenerative braking?
- Why aren’t there many businesses that convert and sell EVs?
- How long does it take to fully charge a hybrid or electric car?
- How often do you have to replace the batteries?
- What about the environmental damage of changing batteries?
- Aren’t hydrogen fuel cells the answer?
- What about putting solar panels on car?
- Aren’t electric vehicles dangerously quiet?
- What about driving in the rain?
- Is recharging the car an inconvenience?
- What about servicing an electric car?
- Can I convert any car to electric?
- Can I run appliances off an electric car in a power?
- Does an electric car emit electromagnetic fields?
- What happens if one battery dies while driving?
- Where do all the parts in an electric car conversion kit come from?
- Considerations for the environment if sending batteries to a landfill?
- But what if we all switched to electric cars overnight?
- Won’t we need to build more power plants?
- Will an electric car run my high powered car sound system?
- What if I want to drive across the country?
- Could I start my own electric car conversion kit business?
- Will my girlfriend/wife love it?
- What happens if I get stuck and need help?
- Why Lithium is superior to Lead.
- How long will batteries really last?
- Battery jargon turned into plain English.
- Range to expect from Lithium batteries
- Lithium VS. All other batteries!
- Real world examples of lithium powered electric car conversion kits.
- Several strategies to reduce the cost of lithium powered vehicles.
- Evaluating weight, aerodynamics, battery pack reduction, building your own battery management system, and more to maximize value and results.
- Building a Battery Management System.
- Worldwide sources to buy high quality lithium batteries.
- Detailed Step-By-Step Installation Instructions.
- How to care for lithium batteries to keep them vital.
- Charging tips for maximum effectiveness.
PLUS: Electric Car Conversion Kit Guide Guarantee!
Stop putting off your Electric Car Conversion Kit Dreams!
This is the place you start – and it takes you every step of the way. No more worrying or waiting. Get ready to break your oil addiction!
This guide includes all the hard work, research, and testing in advance, including advise from top electric car conversion kit professionals, as well as the analysis of various conversion kit products and services.
Let this work guide be your clear way forward – all the way to completion!
Imagine your first gas-free drive! Converting a car to run on electricity will set you free from high gas prices & high servicing costs. Drive right past the gas station and smile! 🙂
Save Money on Fuel with an Electric Car Conversion Kit!