Vegetable Oil Generator
A Vegetable Oil Generator runs on 100% Pure Oil – with no chemicals required. Power your home, farm, or business with used cooking oil, bulk oil, or grow your own oil!
Electricity from waste or fresh vegetable oil, diesel, and biodiesel!
Instant, Economical, Reliable Electricity, on or off-grid.
Plug into Vegetable Oil Power!
This is the perfect generator to supply backup or primary electricity to your home, farm, business, or community. Connect it parallel to the grid to watch your meter spin backwards, or plug into it directly. Heavy duty control panel features two 110 Volt outlets and one 220 Volt outlet. Built in electronics safely convert DC power to electricity.
Automatic Biofuel Controls
This generator comes with a Diesel Conversion Kit expertly installed so that the engine runs reliably on oil. An advanced controller reads the temperature of the fuel and switches from diesel fuel during startup to vegetable oil for the duration. A light will alert you when to refuel, and an alarm reminds you to purge the system with diesel on shutdown so that the next startup is smooth.
Vegetable Oil Generator Specs
- Power Output Options: 14.5 kVA – 505 kVA (larger units available on request)
- Diesel Engine: See Chart Below
- Frequency: 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Socket 32A 230V/400V
- Push Button Electric Start
- See Chart Below: Size, Weight, Fuel Consumption, Tank Size, Displacement, Engine Model, Max & Continuous Power
- RPM: 1500
- Steel Frame and Antivibration Mounts
- Lead Acid Starter Battery
- Sound silencing: 68-70 dB(A)
- Diesel Tank built in, Veg Tank Required – external hookup for any size Veg Tank
- Control Panel: Magnetothermic circuit breaker, Voltmeter + Phase Selector switch, Ammeter, Frequency meter, Hours meter, Earth fault device
- Alternator: 4 Poles, Class H rotator insulation, protection level: IP23
- AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator)
- Emissions Standard: Stage 2
- Industrial Golden Yellow Paint
- Water Cooled Radiator System
- Mechanical Governor
- 12 Months Warranty on Parts & Labor
- TUV Approved
- ISO Certified 9001:200
- Worldwide Shipping
- 3-6 Weeks Freight Delivery
- Contact a certified electrician or a company who specializes in generator installation. You can often find them through a search engine or by looking in your local phonebook.
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 14.5 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 22 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 33 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 66 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 110 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 165 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 220 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 330 kVA
- Vegetable Oil Generator Specs – 505 kVA
Your Own Power Plant
Produce energy 24 x 7 x 365. Gain energy independence and major cost savings. These generators are built from high performance long lasting diesel engines. The fully automatic PLC-control makes them easy to control, linkable with energy systems, and such as wind turbines, solar panels, and more.
TUV approved German engineered Diesel Conversion Kit is professionally installed and tested on each vegetable oil generator. Vegetable oil acts as an amazing engine lubricant lending the engine to even longer life and smoother operation.
The canopy is sharp looking, highly protective, and provides exceptional soundproofing. It can be opened with two access doors. A compliment of gauges are built into the side panel. Construction features include industrially painted 20/10 sheet steel lined with advanced soundproofing material and an internal silencer. For mobility there are handles, a stay rod, and a pull-out lifting ring for re-positioning options. Each unit is mounted on a sturdy steel framework with anti-vibration pads.
Safe Reliable Electricity
ISO & TVU approved for safe effective operation. A range of gauges display vital information and built in safety features include automatic shutdown or alert for high temperature, low oil pressure, battery charger fault, and low fuel level. There is an emergency stop button, and the system can be fully controlled both manually and conveniently remotely.
By filtering used cooking oil with an Oil Centrifuge, or growing and pressing oil for fuel, can can pay 5-25 cents USD per gallon, depending on your methods. By producing your own power you will gain a unique freedom – apart from the climbing prices of energy, scarcity of petroleum, environmental impacts, and energy security during power outages and storms. You can also gain independence for your vehicles by using Diesel Conversion Kits.
Frequently Answered Questions
How does A Vegetable Oil Generator work?
Cold Environment Operation
This generator has been known to start up on vegetable oil even in extremely cold environments. To absolutely ensure a smooth startup and operation in exceptionally cold climates it may be advised to add some diesel fuel into the vegetable oil fuel tank. A second option is to add thermal sleeves around your fuel tank, and coolant or electric based heating in extreme negative temperatures.
Rate of Fuel Use
This depends on the kVA of the vegetable oil generator. View the chart in the ‘Specs and Rate of Fuel Consumption’ section above.
Installing a Vegetable Oil Generator
To attach the generator to your home, it is advised to contact your utility company and ask what they require, as it can differ from place to place. The installation of the unit if it will be grid tied should be completed by a licensed home electrician.
Like any engine, this generator requires routine maintenance. The oil should be changed every 1000 hours. That is also a good time to change other fluids and filters. For many customers using their generators 24/7/365, this is the only time they have to shut down the system over the years of operation. They are designed to function as constant power generation units, or can be used as backup or supplemental power production.
Why Choose a Diesel
The Diesel engine was originally developed over 100 years ago to run on peanut oil. Just listen to the inventor: “the Diesel engine can be fed vegetable oils” which “may become in the course of time as important as petroleum.” Dr. Rudolf Diesel, 1912
- The diesel engine is much more efficient and preferable as compared with gasoline engine due to the following reasons:
- Diesels require less maintenance as compared with gas engines of similar size.
- Diesels are more rugged and reliable with a significantly longer life than gasoline engines.
- There is no sparking as the fuel auto-ignites with compression; the absence of spark plugs or spark wires lowers maintenance concerns.
- Fuel cost per KiloWatt produced is thirty to fifty percent lower than that of gas engines.
Straight Vegetable Oil, not quite Biodiesel
This Generator runs on Straight Vegetable Oil, without chemical modification of the oil required. Biodiesel uses a chemical process to thin oil to replace diesel fuel. If you want to do this to replace your use of diesel fuel altogether, see How to Produce Biodiesel and Biodiesel Processors. You can also run the vegetable oil generator on biodiesel or diesel.
Multiple Vegetable Oil Sources
Most people choose to collect used cooking oil from local restaurants. Ask first – the owners are usually more than happy to give it to you for free, as they typically pay for it to be removed. Read the Vegetable Oil Filtration Guide to understand more about how to find and collect good oil, and Vegetable Oil Filters or Oil Centrifuge to clean it.
Sometimes vegetable oil can be purchased economically in bulk from farmers, food distributors, or even at the pump in some places. One can also choose to grow the oil – there are a variety of crops that will do the job, such as seeds, flowers, olives, coconuts and algae. Use an oil press from the store to extract it.
Vegetable Oil is actually a much safer fuel than both gasoline and diesel. When looking at the flash point -the temperature at which the liquid ignites – diesel fuel is 62* C ( 143*) and vegetable oil is 327* C (620* F). Also neither diesel fuel nor vegetable oil vapors are ignitable.
Vegetable oil is also non toxic so that if vegetable oil is spilled it is not poisonous to people, animals, or the ecosystem. Emissions are reduced 40-50%, which slows global warming. 0% sulphur particles. Growing plants absorbs CO2, so burning them stays within same carbon cycle. Substantial reduction of unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and particulates. Using cooking oil is recycling, while domestic oil is renewable and can support your local farm economy.