With current rising gas prices, environmental concerns, and financial worries in a potential unstable economy it is more important than ever to learn new methods to conserve. Reducing your gas usage will instantly save you money and limit further air pollution caused by harmful emissions. There are nine super easy tips you can follow to help save the planet and your pocket through reduction of your dependence on gasoline.
• Regular Tire Maintenance – Taking the time to make sure your tires are properly inflated is essential for fuel efficiency. The average driver wastes thousands of dollars of gas a year from driving a under-performing vehicle. It’s usually free or extremely inexpensive to inflate your tires.
• Follow the Speed Limit – Speeding can do more than simply get you a ticket. It’s also a major waste of gas. Many drivers who stray from the recommended speed limit are bound to make extra trips to the gas pump. Stay within the speed limit.
• Take it Easy – Try not to accelerate quickly and avoid hitting the brakes hard. This common bad driving habit can cost you valuable money and limit your vehicle’s fuel efficiency.
• Tune it Up – If you can’t afford to invest in an alternative fuel vehicle than regularly tuning up your current automobile is important. A well-tuned car will not emit as much pollution.
• Check Air Filters – Air plays a major role in the function of your engine. Dirty filters hinders your car’s efficiency. Check your filter frequently and replace it if needed. The environment is worth it.
• De-Junk & De-Clutter – Most drivers have additional weight in their automobile which causes the engine to go into overdrive consuming larger amounts of gasoline than necessary. Clear out any items in your car that you do not need. The less the better for a high performing vehicle.
• Eliminate Wind Resistance – Having a roof rack causes the car to use additional fuel to get from point A to point B. Remove your rack and save cash. It’s really a simple task you can do quickly.
• Research Your Vehicle – Different models and makes have specific flaws that can contribute to low fuel efficiency and environmental hazards. Research the model of your car and find out what to be on the look out for. Correcting these small issues can assist in reducing your fossil fuel use.
• Monitor Check Engine Lights – Mal-functioning check engine lights are often a sign of a more serious problem. They also cause poor vehicle performance.
Saving the planet is an ongoing process that we all must participate in. Although, it may not seem like much taking small steps in reduction of fossil fuel wastes and dependency can greatly improve the amount of daily pollution. Becoming more environmentally conscious can save you money at the pump as well. Try taking little baby steps in reducing your need for gasoline and slowly you will adjust to living a more eco-friendly lifestyle.
* Follow our next 10 post series on Gas, Cars, & The Future for tips and ideas on how to conserve at the pump! Break your dependence on fossil fuel and save the planet in the process!
Smart Energy Technology: www.OrganicMechanic.com